These personalities are famous, beautiful and successful, but they feel no embarrassment to admit publicly that they suffer or have suffered from one or another mental illness, thereby inspiring courage in others.
1. Leonardo DiCaprio, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)- Leonardo DiCaprio as a child suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder that is triggered again during the filming of "The Aviator." "The makeup artist and my assistant took me to the set and I knew they say," Oh God, we will need ten minutes to take him there, because he must return to set foot on what touches the door to enter and leave again. It literally maddened me all the time. It continued months after filming, and more.
2 Brad Pitt, Depression- "I struggled with depression do not know, not this decade - maybe it was the past. But it also makes you discover who you are. I see it as a learning experience, as well as a semester: 'This semester I graduated into the depression. I did the same every night and numbing myself while I sleep - the same routine. I could not wait to get home and hide. "
3. Ellen DeGeneres, Depression - "All you ever feared happened to me. I lost my show. I was constantly attacked. From the position in which I made a bunch of money doing comedy, I reached a situation in which not earn any money. when I left the studio after five years of hard work, knowing that they treated me with disrespect for the sole reason that I am gay, just fell into a deep, deep depression. "
4. Adam Levine, Hyperactive Disorder Attention Deficit - "When I heard the diagnosis, I was not surprised because in high school I had problems with concentration. And I think how now people notice my condition in the everyday life of an adult. When I can not be careful, really just can not pay attention. "
5. Hayden Panettiere, Postpartum depression - "There is a great misunderstanding - there are many people who think that this is something real, it is only in their heads." Oh, just hormones "downplay it. But this is something completely beyond control. really painful and really scary and women need a lot of support. "
6. Carrie Fisher Bipolar Disorder - "Sometimes you do not want to be the guy who you are. You do not want to spoil partying friends. I had no choice. I've been shutting people on the phone for eight hours. When I'm in a period of mania path is clear. you know, fly on the crest of a wave, but it all starts to happen too quickly. I lose touch with the people. The sentences do not make sense to me. I can not sleep, you can not rely on me. "
7. Jim Carrey, Depression - "I was on Prozac for a long time. It can help to get out of the jam a bit, but people stay on it forever. I had to stop at one point because I realized that, you know, it's just okay. "
8. David Beckham, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - "I went to the hotel room. And before I sat down, I had to move all the leaflets and all the books in a drawer. Everything had to be perfect."
9. Gwyneth Paltrow, Postpartum depression - "It was terrible, it was just the opposite of what happened when he was born Apple. It was over the moon. I could not believe that it is not the same. I thought it just means that I terrible mother and a terrible person.”
10. Carrie Fisher, Bipolar Disorder - "Sometimes you do not want to be that guy. I do not want to organize dinner. And I had no choice. I kept people on the phone for eight hours. When my obsession is growing, it is kind of a clear path. You know flying high over the mountain, but becomes too fast. I have no possibility to connect. My sentences do not sound logical. I do not do connection and I can not sleep, I'm not reliable. "
11. Joanne Rowling Depression - "I never thought of to be ashamed of the fact that I suffered from depression. Never. What a shame there? I went through a really hard time and I am quite proud that I managed to get out."
12. Elton John, Bulimia - "As soon as I said" I need help, "I knew I would be fine and I was determined to fix it. But it was such a relief I could say it."
13. Jon Hamm, Depression - "Honestly? Antidepresants help! If you can change your brain chemistry enough to think" I want to get up in the morning; I do not want to sleep until afternoon. I want to get up and go to do things, and to go to work and ... "reset auto meter, and to start your engine!"
14. Jared Padalecki, Depression - "It hit me like a bag of bricks. I mean, I was 25. I had a TV show. I had dogs who loved and tons of friends, was adored by fans and was happy with his work, but I had not realized what is this, not always makes sense I mean. it does not happen only to people who can not find work or can not fit into society and suffer from depression sometimes. "
15. Angelina Jolie, Depression - "I felt I was going into a very dark direction and I was not able to get up in the morning, so I signed up for something that forces me to be active."
16. Demi Lovato, bipolar disorder - "I remember sitting with the manager and his family and discuss with them how to talk about the issues that deal. I knew I had two options: I could either talk to their limit rehabilitation and hope it will go away, or to talk about it and to inspire people to seek help for their problems, and that's what I did. "
Source: Bored Panda